Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sabah Stops the Wind and Pleases



Lebanon number 1 diva Sabah has seen better days, back in the 60 and the 70s she was everyman's fantasy, she had the looks and the unmatched voice that makes you feel warm and fuzzy if needed to or make you feel you want to get up and dance. They are making a biopic TV drama about her life staring Carole Samaha (who has both the voice and the acting chops). But as for someone who knew her in the 80s when her great days were waning, I did not appreciate her till recently.

She is still alive and there are so many mean spirits out there who keep making up up rumors about her death. I am proud of Sabah for her undisputed love to her home country Lebanon. I have to talk to older people to remember how great she was and how big of a deal she was. But thankfully the internet make it a lot easier to know how great she really was.

I first heard this song cover by Fadel Shaker the Lebanese super star, at the time I did not know it was a Sabah song, but now I know and I am glad to have heard both versions. Sabah delivered this song with so much passion and pizazz, she makes this song memorable and so meaningful. Enjoy this one for the golden Arabian princess, yes she will always be a princess.


صباح-أخدوا الريح وأخدوا الليل Sabah Akhdo El Lil

0 comments:

Post a Comment