Sunday, March 20, 2011

Egyptian Singer Sandy Celebrates The Nile



For two weeks now, Egyptian eye candy and pop singer Sandy has been talking in the press about her upcoming music video for Egypt to salute the Egyptian revolution and its protesters. "Sons & Daughters of the Nile" is the title of the song. Sandy has took on an unfamiliar territory's this time. She will be directing this joint.

So not only does this singer plan on tackling a very serious topic, she is also taken in new role too. I am always skeptic when pop singers releases song song in response to some new facts on the ground, a disaster of some political change. But with Sandy, I will always willing to listener to her latest.

It reads like a coffee table book with pictures of the Egyptian revolution then faces of many young Egyptians pop up on the screen delivering the lines of the song. I love the young Egyptian girl, she is very cute and I think she resembles Sandy a bit. I enjoyed the sight of Sandy, but she did a good job by not making the music video about her. She only appears in the final 10 seconds in such a natural way. So I must say I am impressed than an Arab singer would take back seat and let their song be the center of attention not themselves.

Sandy - Welad El Neel / ساندي - ولاد النيل

0 comments:

Post a Comment