Friday, March 18, 2011

Hey Yo Zahra Hindi



Zahra Hindi
is Franco-Moroccan singer. She has a Moroccan mother and a French father. Zahra lives in Paris where she works on perfecting her music.

per Wikipedia:

Hindi Zahra is a self-taught multi-instrumentalist. By 2005 she had written about 50 songs of which Beautiful Tango, Oursoul, Try, and Stand Up were first released on the EP Hindi Zahra in 2009 and eleven songs were recorded on Hindi Zahra's first album which was released in January 2010 at the Jazz label Blue Note Records. The video to the opening song Beautiful Tango was made by French director Tony Gatlif.[4] The song Stand Up was chosen for a commercial campaign by the Western Union. In November 2010 Hindi Zahra won the Prix Constantin for Best Album. [5] In February 2011 she won the Victoires de la Musique award for the best World music album.

I tell you what I like the name, I dig the music, but it's not my type, I am not a big fan of mellow music, this music goes in hand with people who like to relax and enjoy finer things of life. I do neither, I am always on the move so this music might be good for easy listening and people who are into exotic sounds, but it does little for me.

It makes sense though the French like to relax and enjoy a two hour lunch break, the Moroccans like to kick back, and are known for their mild manners and awesome scenic country. Bu to be honest she does blues justice. See the influence of Egyptian singer Abdel Halim on this song of hers.


Hey Yo by Zahra Hindi

0 comments:

Post a Comment