Monday, October 10, 2011

Please Make It Stop! Layla Ghofran Music Video



To begin, I am a fan of Layla Ghofran, I am really one. It started in 1999 when someone gave me her cassette of Halim Hafiz songs, cover song that is. And at that moment I knew this is a woman with the most amazing vocals I have yet heard in my young age.

And the 2000s was a missing decade for this Moroccan singer, not a single song of hers has managed to garner any attention or interest, sure she has few here and there, but not one hit. Two years a go she lost her little girl in some murder case that might have some coverup and political connections to the political elites of the Mubarak regime. She released a really sad song chronicling her pain and it was well received.

This Ramadan she has a song for Ramadan and a clip to go with it that made some waves. But it seems Layla is back with more. A pop song where she is trying to claim the diva status with the help of some retro looking band. The clip starts of classy, and then Layla shows some skin. Yes, she was doing some stripping a little

Feiha Eih - Layla Ghofran فيها إيه - ليلى غفران

0 comments:

Post a Comment