Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Kareem Salama And His Smooth Fusion


It takes an American country singer from Egyptian heritage to record such a song that brings together two strange bedfellows. The charismatic singer who is always hungry some something fresh, and something good to release. I am extremely pleased with his latest single "I Am You"  

Kareem describes his song with this quote:
"The one who cannot look beyond race, ethnicity, religion, tribe, political affiliation or otherwise and see his or her sacred connection to others remains shallow in spiritual development." - Kareem Salama
This is a universal call for love, the kind the defies expectations and defies borders and stereotypes. I am enjoying the Arabic lyrics that are written to mirror the English ones. Kareem keeps recording good songs and I am pleased he has found his comfort zone somewhere in between two worlds, something that allows him to sample from whichever he likes.

The song is about his wife, about him and about all of us. This is the big picture song, the mixing and production value are obvious. I have come to know Kareem as a performer who is serious about his music. I think the time has come when we see Kareem's songs go mainstream, I know the moment has to come sooner or later.    

 Kareem Salama - I Am You

0 comments:

Post a Comment