Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I Am Loving This Ghada Ragab Arabic Turkish Song


Ghada Ragab performed this song at the Egyptian House of Opera, she was accompanied by a renowned Turkish musician (Hüsnü Şenlendirici) with a live orchestra. Hüsnü Şenlendirici is well know around Europe and he is considered one of Turkey's most celebrated musicians as he masterfully plays the clarinet and trumpet. Together, they made one hell of a show. Husnu is no stranger to life performances, he has traveled the world and then some.

This song was recorded to be a modern day classic. And I have not yet spoke of the great lyrics the song reads. Ghada Ragab's topped herself with this performance. Vocally she leaves little to the imagination, she delivers a great emotions filled vocal tour de force. The music video does a great job capturing the show that took place last summer in Cairo. I would have loved to be there, but I can only settle for the music video which you will see below.

The song plays like a poem, a women expressing hoe thrilled she is to be reunited with the love of her life. Some lines from the song, "I cannot decide which eye likes you more, each one wants to keep you for itself", "My pictures where you are in them are now jealous of the ones I took with you" Then when the song is about to end, she launched in a Turkish part of the song.

I think we need more of these songs, life is too short to hear other half baked songs.

Sorty - Ghada Ragab صورتى - غادة رجب

0 comments:

Post a Comment