Sunday, December 16, 2012

Is Pop Star Hamaki Overrated?


I am not feeling him anymore, it might not be him it might be me. Hamaki used to be one of the hottest pop stars in Egyptian arsenal, but I feel his last album was rushed and sounded about the same musically. As for the lyrics they are a repeat of what we have heard before from Hamaki and others. The album did not feel fresh and felt like it has been made for those who are 17 to 22 years old.

But the singer released a new single which he added to his album's second release for better marketing. This was promised to be a hit. It's a popular song as I see it around the internet and on the file sharing community. But I feel it's missing something. In fairness, I did not think it was right for Hamaki to sing for Bahrain when people where murdered down there. But I am sure he now regrets the song.

What do you guys think of Hamaki? I have included the the song to give you a chance to listen to it, if you have not already. I am sure he will make good and fresh songs again, but I give him that it's really hard to make good music under the current circumstances in Egypt.

اغنية محمد حماقى - ادى اللى فى بالى | النسخة الاصلية

0 comments:

Post a Comment